Contribution to Report on Mobile Web Design and Development Best Practice
27 May, 2014
Recently Mark and I were both excited, and flattered, to be asked to contribute to an in-depth report on mobile web design and development best practice.
My task was to write about creating and maintaining a responsive codebase. This was not only a challenge, but a great way for me to put in writing a lot of the learning and development I’ve been going through over the past couple of years. The specific areas I covered were:
- How does a responsive codebase work?
- What do developers need to do to create a responsive codebase that is different to non-responsive?
- How do you maintain a responsive codebase/What is good housekeeping?
- How do you validate the code?
- How do you optimise to ensure it’s efficient for performance/page speed?
If you have an econsultancy subscription you can read the report in full here.