My name is Matt and I’m a frontend designer and developer. I’m currently Creative Director at GPMD.
I like clean and simple, user-centric design. I’m particularly interested in frontend processes and optimisation - If Sass, BEM, Grunt, or Critical Rendering Path mean anything to you then you’re a kindred spirit.
Outside of work I love scary movies, graphic novels, and I’m a proud Dad.
About This Site
From time-to-time I enjoy writing about things that interest me. This site is where I do that.
Here are some technical bits of information about my dev set-up and the site for those who are interested:
- It was created on my trusty, late 2011, souped-up (maxed out RAM, 500GB SDD) MacBook Pro
- I code in Sublime Text (but I’m also dabbling with Atom)
- I use iTerm2
- And Vagrant
- The site is powered by Jekyll
- SCSS is my preferred flavour of CSS preprocessor
- The ‘theme’ started out as Lanyon by mdo
- I am, of course, using Github
- Site5 take care of the hosting
- The fonts I’m using are Brandon Grotesque and Jubilat, served up by Typekit
- New posts are written in Markdown
If you’d like to start up a conversion you can tweet me on Twitter, or email hello [at] mattbailey [dot] io.